Buying a home?
You can get a pre-approval letter in just three minutes.
Looking to refinance?
We’ll remove the hassle and make sure you get the best rate possible.
What Better offers
All about pricing
How the process works
- What is a pre-approval letter?
- What types of pre-approval letters does Better offer?
- How do I get a pre-approval letter?
- How long does it take to get a pre-approval letter?
- How much does it cost to get a pre-approval letter?
- Will my verified pre-approval letter look different than my basic pre-approval letter?
- Is a hard credit pull required to get a verified pre-approval letter?
- Why would my verified income be different than my stated income?
- Why would my verified assets that are used to determine my down payment be lower than expected?
- Who can I contact if I have questions about my verified pre-approval letter?
- Will I have a point of contact at Better?
- How can I get my credit report?
- When will you pull my credit and will it affect my score?
- How do you choose which credit score to use?
- Am I committing to Better by getting pre-approved?
- What do I need to do to lock my rate?
- How quickly can I close my loan?
- Do I need to have an escrow account?
- Can I transfer my current escrow account?
- Is my data secure?
- What is an appraisal?
- Why do I need an appraisal?
- Can I use or transfer a recent appraisal?
- I know an appraiser. Can he or she complete my appraisal report?
- How long does an appraisal inspection take?
- What is the difference between a home inspection and an appraisal?
- How does the appraiser determine the value of my home?
- If the appraised value of my home goes up, will this affect my taxes?
- What does an appraisal report look like?
- Which home improvements add value to a home?