Get started
  • Sign in
  • Get started
Frequently asked questions

What happens at closing, and what should I bring?

Where is closing: Your closing will take place in person with a mobile notary or attorney (depending on your state) at your preferred locationโ€”such as your home.

What to bring: You must bring two forms of identification with you, including a government issued ID. The second form of ID can be almost anything that has your name, address, or picture that matches your government ID. If you have cash to close and plan on paying via check, please bring a check to give to your notary.

Who needs to be present: All individuals on the title need to be present at closing. Depending on your state law, there may be a need for non-borrowing individuals to be present to sign a handful of non-obligor documents as well. Itโ€™s best to check with your mortgage company or title company to confirm who should attend your closing, along with any witnesses if required by your state.

How to pay your closing costs: Payment varies depending on the title company you are using and the amount of your closing costs. You can find your cash to close amount listed on your Closing Disclosure (CD). Prior to your closing, please consult your title company on their acceptable forms of payment.

If you are using Better Settlement Services, the acceptable forms of payment based on $ amount are as follows:

  • $500 or less: Personal check, cashierโ€™s check, or wire transfer
  • $2,499 or less: Cashierโ€™s check or wire transfer
  • $2,500 or more: Wire transfer only


    Twitter logoTwitter logo
    Facebook logoFacebook logo
    Instagram logoInstagram logo
    LinkedIn LogoLinkedIn Logo

    Contact Us

    • hello@better.com
    • 415-523-8837
    • FAQ
    • Learn
    • Glossary


    • About Us
    • Media
    • Careers
    • Partner With Us
    • COVID-19 Response


    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Use
    • Disclosures & Licensing
    • Affiliated Business
    • Browser Disclaimer

    ยฉ 2021 Better Holdco, Inc. and/or its affiliates. Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services. All rights reserved.

    Home lending products offered by Better Mortgage Corporation. Better Mortgage Corporation is a direct lender. NMLS #330511. 3 World Trade Center, 175 Greenwich Street, 59th Floor, New York, NY 10007. Loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lenders Law License. Not available in all states. Equal Housing Lender. NMLS Consumer Access

    Better Real Estate, LLC dba BRE, Better Home Services, BRE Services, LLC and Better Real Estate is a licensed real estate brokerage and maintains its corporate headquarters at 3 World Trade Center, 175 Greenwich Street, 59th Floor, New York, NY 10007. A full listing of Better Real Estate, LLCโ€™s license numbers may be found here. Equal Housing Opportunity. All rights reserved.

    Better Settlement Services, LLC. 3 World Trade Center, 175 Greenwich Street, 59th Floor, New York, NY 10007

    Homeowners insurance policies are offered through Better Cover, LLC, a Pennsylvania Resident Producer Agency. License #881593. 3 World Trade Center, 175 Greenwich Street, 59th Floor, New York, NY 10007

    Better Mortgage Corporation, Better Real Estate, LLC, Better Settlement Services, LLC and Better Cover, LLC are separate operating subsidiaries of Better Holdco, Inc. Each company is a separate legal entity operated and managed through its own management and governance structure as required by its state of incorporation, and applicable and legal and regulatory requirements. Products not available in all states.

    The Better Home Logo is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office

    Better Cover is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office