$100 billion in online home loans
Frequently asked questions

What should my dwelling coverage be?

Your dwelling limit (also known as Coverage A*) covers the structure of your home and any fixed appliances attached to your home. If you were to pick up your home and shake it upside down, anything that stays falls under this coverage.

This amount is determined by the Replacement Cost Estimate of your home, which is calculated by any insurance provider that gives you a quote. This estimate only evaluates the cost of labor and materials in your area for your particular home—it does not include the land it sits on or the market value of your home. That’s why this amount may differ from your appraisal or purchase price.

Better Cover is integrated with Better Mortgage’s loan process, so your Insurance Expert already knows how much is required to cover your home sufficiently.