$100 billion in online home loans
Frequently asked questions

What documents and information are used to verify self-employed income?

We’ll ask for different types of documents, based on the tax form you file. We’ll need the last 2 years of your personal tax returns along with:

  • Schedule C (Sole Proprietorship)
  • K-1 / Form 1065 (Partnership)
  • K-1 / Form 1120S (S-Corp)
  • Form 1120 (C-Corp)

We’ll need the last 2 years of your personal and business tax returns along with:

  • K-1 to determine percentage of ownership
  • Form 1065, if you own 25% or more of the business

We will ask for the name of your business, address, phone number, as well as its start date and your position/title, percentage of ownership, and type of business.

Due to COVID-19, you may be asked to provide additional information. Learn more about what else we might need to know.