We believe home finance should be better for all Americans. It should be fast, transparent, and low-cost. Better’s mission is to make that happen.
This is a huge, important part of our economy. Housing overall is a $23 trillion business, and mortgages account for $13 trillion. Yet home finance operates in the same way it has for decades — through opaque systems and expensive intermediaries whose interests are misaligned with consumers’.
That’s why Better is re-engineering the home finance process from the ground up. We’re using technology to make it faster and more efficient, and humans to help make it friendly and enjoyable.
Please join us in making home finance better.
- MyRichUncle, Founder
- 1/0 Capital, Founder
- Spotify, Head of Machine Learning
- Graham Capital, High Frequency Trading
- PHH, CEO
- DeepGreen, Founder
- Amerin Guaranty, Founder
- Google Docs, Product Manager
- Google Maps, Associate Product Manager
- American Express, Digital Acquisition
- JetBlue, Interactive Marketing
- Doubleclick, Product Management
- CFPB, Head of Enforcement, NY Office, Senior Litigation Counsel
- Mayer Brown, Partner
- Blackstone, Alternative Investments
- Citibank, Structured Products
- MyRichUncle, Engineering
- Provident Funding, Internal Audit and Correspondent Lending
- BCG, North America Technology Advantage Practice
- Yodle, VP of User Experience
- Sapient, Director of User Experience
- BlackRock, Alternative Investments
Founders started a company with the goal of re-engineering the mortgage process.
Partnered with Avex Funding, a California originator specializing in prime conforming and jumbo mortgages for over 10 years.
Acquired partner mortgage originator Avex Funding.
Developed investor rules engine to algorithmically match borrowers and mortgage products to over 10 large institutional investors.
Began working with borrowers directly online without commissioned loan officers.
Funded first 100%-digital loan with no borrower phone communication.
Launched as better.com.
Closed $30 million in Series A funding.
Approved as a Fannie Mae seller/servicer and established relationships with 17 top mortgage investors.
Closed $15 million in Series B funding with Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers.
Introduced the one-day verified pre-approval letter.
You become part of the story by joining thousands of happy Better borrowers.