Buying a home?
You can get a pre-approval letter in just three minutes.
Looking to refinance?
We’ll remove the hassle and make sure you get the best rate possible.
We can do better
The Better Price Guarantee: we will beat a competitor's offer by at least $1000 or we’ll pay you $1000.
It's in our DNA
Check out our reviews
Home purchase in San Francisco, CA
Being able to get pre-approved through Better.com really gave us a significant advantage over other buyers, the seller felt much more confident working with us.
Home purchase in Hamden, CT
The verified pre-approval process was very quick, which enabled me to put in an offer the same day I started the pre-approval process. Another offer came in right after mine, so I would have lost the house if the process took longer.
1. Offer is only to customers who do not have a rate lock with Better Mortgage in the sixty (60) days prior to the date of the presented loan estimate from another lender.
2. "doesn't beat it by $1,000 or more” refers to the Better Loan Estimate being at least $1,000 less in closing costs at the same rate and for the same loan terms, excluding property taxes and insurance (the fees listed in Sections E through H on your Loan Estimate), as the closing costs on the Loan Estimate from the other Lender.
3. Better Mortgage may, in its sole discretion, accept LE proxies (e.g., rate sheets from other lenders) provided the rate and terms from the competitive lender are readily available to the general public.
4. The Loan Estimate must be dated within 3 business days from its date of submission to Better Mortgage
5. Offer is only valid in states where Better Mortgage is currently originating loans. It includes all single-family residences, condominiums and PUDs.
6. To claim offer proceeds borrower must (1) fund their loan with lender that Better Mortgage could not beat by $1,000 in closing costs using the same LE presented to Better to initiate this promotion; and (2) present closing disclosure and final note from funded loan within thirty (30) days of closing.
7. Amounts on the Loan Estimate may still vary within regulatory tolerances from the closing disclosure based on findings in underwriting, and all loans are subject to credit approval.
8. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. Offer is invalid if the borrower submits an LE from a lender with a rate that is not publicly available (e.g., requiring a minimum amount of assets under management). Each borrower make only take advantage of this offer once per loan application.
9. Better Mortgage reserves the right to rescind or modify the terms of this offer without prior notice.