Better Mortgage Homeownership Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1) PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Better Mortgage Corporation #SpentOnRent Sweepstakes consists of an online sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (“Territory”) that begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 11, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on July 17, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). Void in Puerto Rico, Guam, all U.S. territories, and where prohibited. The Sweepstakes is governed by these Official Rules.
2) WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY AND WIN.
A. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to natural persons who are legal residents of the Territory, are at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence) at the time of entry, and who reside in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia at the time of entry and throughout the duration of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Persons in the following categories are NOT eligible to participate: any person who on or after July 11, 2018, was or is an employee of Better Mortgage Corporation (“Sponsor”), Twitter, Inc., their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies (collectively “Promotion Released Parties”), and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, agents, members, successors, assigns and members of their immediate family (defined as spouse, IRS-dependent, or biological, foster, in-law, adoptive, or step- mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, or son) or persons living in the same household.
C. TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN: Winning any prize requires that the potential winner of the prize is, and remains, in compliance with these Official Rules. Until a potential winner is verified to be eligible and in compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner is, and will remain, a potential winner, unless the potential winner is disqualified for not complying with the Official Rules and/or not being eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner who Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines is not permitted by law to receive a prize. Sponsor is not required to conduct any advertising or public relations associated with a winner.
3) HOW TO ENTER: There is one (1) way to enter. During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, Entrant must log into their Twitter account and publicly tweet using the hashtags #SpentOnRent and #Sweepstakes (“Entry”). If you do not have a Twitter account, you can create one for free at www.twitter.com by following the instructions to set up an account. All Twitter Terms and Conditions apply to establishing an account. For purposes of these Official Rules "receipt" of an Entry on Twitter occurs when Twitter receives the Tweet from Entrant and such entry information is available to Sponsor.
By submitting an Entry on Twitter, the Entrant consents to being contacted by direct message (DM) on Twitter, if selected as a potential winner. Entries will not be acknowledged. Entrants shall not create or use more than one Twitter account to enter the Sweepstakes. Entrants found to have created or used multiple accounts to enter the Sweepstakes will be disqualified. Should multiple users of the same Twitter account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account holder of said Twitter account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant and required to comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned the Twitter account. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder or forfeit the prize. Each Entry submission must be manually key-stroked and manually entered by the individual Entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Entries (including but not limited to Entries made using any script, macro, bot or service) will be disqualified. All Entries must be in English. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify, in their sole and absolute discretion, any Entry that contains language the Sponsor deems inappropriate, rude, harassment, or a violation of these Official Rules.
Important notice regarding online entry from your mobile device: Depending on your wireless service provider/plan, Entrant may be subject to additional fees when completing an entry from a mobile device in connection with entering and participating in the Sweepstakes or communicating with Sponsor or its representatives. Entrants using a mobile device for entry are solely responsible for all charges, fees and taxes associated with entry and participation in this Sweepstakes. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans prior to participating via a mobile device.
Alternative Method of Entry: Eligible Entrants who do not wish to enter online may enter by hand writing his or her first and last name, residential street address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, zip, date of birth (mm/yyyy), name of promotion, plus daytime and evening telephone numbers including area code on a plain piece of 3”x5” paper (“Mail-in Entry”). Entrant may include their valid email address. If no valid email address is included on the Mail-in Entry, Entrant understands that a vaild email must be provided if they are a potential winner. Mail the Mail-in Entry in an envelope no larger than #10 (business-size envelope) with sufficient postage affixed, to: Better Mortgage, Attn: Marketing Department - #SpentOnRent, 459 Broadway, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10013. Limit one entry per outer-mailing envelope. Entries must be postmarked no later than July 17, 2018. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, postage-due entries or entries not received in time for the random drawing. There is a maximum limit of one (1) Mail-in Entry per person. A household is defined as one physical residential address where the Participant resides in the Territory.
Mail-In Entries must be legibly hand-written. Mechanical reproductions, postage-due, or Mail-In Entries sent in excess of the entry limits will not be accepted. Mail-In Entries received without a verifiable and legible residential return address on the envelope will be deemed incomplete and not valid. Sponsor is not responsible for Mail-in Entries that are lost, stolen, late, misdirected, illegible and/or incomplete. Computer generated information on the Mail-in Entry or envelope are not valid. By submitting Mail-In Entry, Entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules. Unreadable, inaccurate, unintelligible, or Mail-in Entries which otherwise do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Entrants who use this method of entry may not obtain entry through any other method.
4) PRIZES: One (1) grand prize is available for distribution in the Territory. The grand prize is $5,000.00 paid to the verified winner by check drawn on a U.S. financial institution. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen prizes once awarded. The total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) for the Sweepstakes prize is $5,000.00 (US).
5) WINNER SELECTION PROCEDURES & ODDS: The drawing for the potential winner will occur on or about July 25, 2018. A random drawing from among all eligible entries will be conducted by the Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding. Odds of winning a prize in the Sweepstakes depends on the total number of eligible Entries received.
6) WINNER NOTIFICATION: Each potential winner will be notified via a Twitter direct message, telephone call, or email from the Sponsor within two (2) business days after the prize drawing is conducted. If the potential winner is contacted using Twitter but has not enabled the direct message feature for non-followers feature, a reply tweet to the potential winner’s Twitter handle will be sent instead. The potential winner will have twenty-four (24) hours to reply to Sponsor following the Sponsor’s instructions in the message. Sponsor is not responsible for the Twitter messaging function that may interfere with the notification. Failure of the potential winner to reply as directed will result in disqualification.
7) PRIZE CLAIM DOCUMENTS: To claim a prize, the potential winner will be required to complete and return the required Prize Claim Documents. The Prize Claim Documents may include, but are not limited to: a Declaration or Affidavit of Eligibility (as solely determined by Sponsor), Release of Liability and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, a Federal IRS form W-9 for tax filing purposes (for the year a prize is received), and such other documents as may be determined by Sponsor. All Prize Claim Documents must be returned as provided in the directions to the potential winner. Failure to return all Prize Claim Documents as instructed will result in disqualification. No liability is assumed for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified. If verification results in disqualification or forfeiture, the potential winner will not receive the prize. Upon disqualification or prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8) ADDITIONAL PRIZE INFORMATION: Sponsor may, at its sole and absolute discretion, select an alternative potential winner should any potential winner be disqualified. Should Sponsor elect to choose an alternative potential winner, one will be selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries.
9) GENERAL RULES: All federal, state, and local income taxes resulting from acceptance of any prize are the responsibility of the winner. By participating, Entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. By participating, winners agree to hold Promotion Released Parties, their affiliates, directors, officers, shareholders, employees and assigns harmless against any and all claims or cause of action, including but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use, or redemption of any prize. Acceptance also constitutes permission to the Promotion Released Parties to use winners’ names, likenesses, and biographical information for marketing purposes without further compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law. Promotion Released Parties are not responsible for lost or late entries, or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network, connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this promotion, or by any human error which may occur in administering this promotion. If due to a computer programming or other error, more prizes are claimed than intended to be awarded according to Rule 4, prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all valid prize claims received. In no event will Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in Rule 4. If, in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute opinion, there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the promotion, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the game, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate the promotion in a manner deemed reasonable by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. If terminated, prizes will be awarded in a random drawing using all non-suspect entries as of the date of termination. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning entrant, entries made through Twitter will be declared made by the natural person associated with the email connected to the account. All federal and state laws apply.
10) WAIVER: By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys' fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor. The Promotion Release Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Promotion Release Parties, Entrants, third-parties, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; (6) undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering, insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email; or (7) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible.
11) LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OR ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12) WINNER LIST: For a winner list visit: https://www.twitter.com/betterdotcom. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
14) SEVERABILITY: If any portion of these Official Rules should be held invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such portion shall be deemed modified or severed from this agreement in such a manner as to enable the remaining portions of these Official Rules to remain in full force and effect as if no invalid or unenforceable provision had been part of this agreement.
15) SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR: Better Mortgage Corporation 459 Broadway FL 5, New York, NY 10013.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY TWITTER.
© 2018 Better Mortgage Corporation. Better Mortgage and the Better logo are trademarks of Better Mortgage Corporation. All other trademarks, service marks, logos, products, or service names are the property of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any other third-party not specifically designated by Sponsor. Information is being provided to Sponsor in accordance to these Official Rules.